Solved Youtube questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2018
hello, hopefully this is correct place to post...
just would like to ask.... I usually upload lots of videos but kind of lazy so I just put generic tags for it, maybe youtube will take as spam? i.e.
title: redstone - raid boss, wolf ranking 1st
description: redstone - raid boss, wolf ranking 1st
tags: redstone, raid boss, wolf ranking 1st

I usually do it like that, should I just delete all the tags/description on my videos so I dont be seen as spam by youtube? Is just the way I like doing things though dont like thinking to much on it, as long as people can search for the video easily than is fine for me for the most part.

1.) using words like "promo" in video tag/title/description can be seen as spam??

2.) scheduling 40+ livestreams just for announcements??

3.) using names of political figures even if is someone's game character name???

4.) links in video title? think I messed up here alot..

5.) irrelevant videos for storage purposes even in private is bad??

6.) having to many playlists??

7.) I make some videos making gold, getting points (currency for game items) that may be seen as deceptive? Ive done it for awhile but only because ingame economy is bad so felt pressured... It never caused any actual probelms though...

ty. note: the F.A.Q. page broken otherwise I would of read it....

finegamingconnoisseur

Freedom! Member
May 18, 2017
www.youtube.com
YouTube
My advice is don’t be lazy or try to push the boundaries of YouTube’s Terms of Service and guidelines which seem to be increasingly draconian and bizarre, or you may find your channel suspended or terminated.

There was a video recently of a regular guy trying to do a let’s play of The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, he created a character at the start of the game and for some inexplicable reason YouTube removed the video. Apparently, his choice of the character’s hair colour and race, and several words he inadvertently used in his commentary were enough to trigger the automated detection bot system, and the video was taken down several minutes after it was uploaded.

So, I wouldn’t go the lazy or risky route if I were you.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
There's some really interesting thoughts here.

1.) using words like "promo" in video tag/title/description can be seen as spam??
4.) links in video title? think I messed up here alot.
Titles. They're a topic of their own. Links in a video title should NEVER happen. YouTube hardly allows them in Descriptions, if you put them into a title it most likely picks up by every single algorithm so don't do it. The title should be concise. Also ensure your titles don't all look the same as that would be spam/templated content.
2.) scheduling 40+ livestreams just for announcements??
That's just flooding the site, isn't it?
using names of political figures even if is someone's game character name???
That should be fine if the character appears in the game.
5.) irrelevant videos for storage purposes even in private is bad??
No idea about this one, I don't think that was your issue having seen the other points...
6.) having to many playlists??
Just have enough playlists, as many as you need. Just don't make it excessive...

In the end YouTube uses some algorithms nobody knows and nobody should know how to bypass. Create good content, title it accordingly and you will be fine.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2018
@finegamingconnoisseur so the problem was being way to descriptive in titles or just using the same words? I should probably put the videos into 1 video or something rather than do this than??? redstone - raid boss, tips killing dragot boss. redstone - raid boss, dragot boss dividing damage by 10,000. redstone - raid boss, dragot's final attack has crush effect. My intention was make it easier for people just skim over titles and know what was happening but guess youtube doesn't see it like that... I should just probably say redstone - raid boss, tips for killing dragot boss? Maybe 2-3 sections every video upload at a time not like 10-20 at a time? I think I understand what you trying say I was just pressured at the time and yea...

I think I had some videos on about me page but those were popular links for our game, steam, facebook, etc. Dont think there are issues there but will write it just incase there some guidelines I need follow for those to?

@LW001 Yea, scheduling 40+ livestreams may have triggered the spam detection but to be honest I think I did it for like 3 months without anything happening... I pretty much thought the livestream was private than realized later that it could be in recommended videos... Just there were limits in description field and yea... Ill probably just use a website and list it there, I was kind of lazy and guess dependent on the platform to much...

well the titles were like this...
redstone - raid boss, wolf ranking 1st for raid boss
redstone - raid boss, entering field after 10 minutes
redstone - raid boss, damage divided by 10,000 off of base damage.

main reason I use that format is so people can search for it easier... but think I made it to excessive....

Ive actually had the video with title in link description for like 2 months but yea... think it was showing where discord link was for our game really... just I know some people dont watch videos so felt like putting it in title... It was very few videos I used the link in actually but maybe enough trigger system...

I think me being suspended may have due with the tags mainly, will give some examples...
video 1: redstone, raid boss, wolf ranking 1st for raid boss
video 2: redstone, raid boss, entering field after 10 minutes
video 3: redstone, raid boss, damage divided by 10,000 off of base damage

I think maybe I should just use only redstone as the tag and nothing else? I think thats why they thought I was spamming and having many videos using the same tag setup, I just wanted to be found in google search and kind of got lazy on it, I just like making videos not spending all the time doing seo and stuff... I Just dont like writing to much is all...

I probably have 600 playlists just brainstorm I guess, didnt know they were going be hard on it... Ill probably remove all playlists now probably I just dont know real use for them... I think is better if I just use a website for that and have youtube host the videos and Ill set it up so im not limited in a way...

ive done it like this for 3 years with 11,000 videos so im not sure why it was terminated by their system. No other google account that I had was suspended from youtube only that one.... I usually upload 50+ videos sometimes when there is big game update...

thanks for the feedback, I still have 5 other youtube accounts that I can use youtube with though, dont worry I didnt recently create them I made 5 like 2 years ago for backup, well I also had 3 accounts I barely used and they were signed out all the time maybe there could be glitch with my account? I only made 3 backup accounts to register for a mobile game but they were always signed out... Im not really doing anything with them though, just wanted check if I can still access youtube site with other accounts and it let me without any problems...

anyways thanks for the feedback/reply all, I tried figuring out what I did wrong and kind of frustrating trying figure out what you did wrong and just limiting yourself to much because of it... Some things I can give up but I dont want change my whole channel because of it. Think I know whats main problem with my channel is now though, I probably triggered their automatic system so much through my methods. I was only testing seo for the most part mainly though. I was suspended by a bot though so guess I triggered something with their system...

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yea, scheduling 40+ livestreams may have triggered the spam detection but to be honest I think I did it for like 3 months without anything happening...
Great argument.
well the titles were like this...

main reason I use that format is so people can search for it easier... but think I made it to excessive....
While I don't think this was a problem through the spam filter that title format is terribad. It looks completely monotonous just about anywhere. Putting 'redstone raid boss' at the end probably is a better idea.
I think me being suspended may have due with the tags mainly, will give some examples...
video 1: redstone, raid boss, wolf ranking 1st for raid boss
video 2: redstone, raid boss, entering field after 10 minutes
video 3: redstone, raid boss, damage divided by 10,000 off of base damage

I think maybe I should just use only redstone as the tag and nothing else? I think thats why they thought I was spamming and having many videos using the same tag setup, I just wanted to be found in google search and kind of got lazy on it, I just like making videos not spending all the time doing seo and stuff... I Just dont like writing to much is all...
Or you actually sit down and write up tags for your video with a little bit of effort?
ive done it like this for 3 years with 11,000 videos so im not sure why it was terminated by their system. No other google account that I had was suspended from youtube only that one.... I usually upload 50+ videos sometimes when there is big game update...
That's called burst uploading and YouTube hates it.
thanks for the feedback, I still have 5 other youtube accounts that I can use youtube with though, dont worry I didnt recently create them I made 5 like 2 years ago for backup, well I also had 3 accounts I barely used and they were signed out all the time maybe there could be glitch with my account? I only made 3 backup accounts to register for a mobile game but they were always signed out... Im not really doing anything with them though, just wanted check if I can still access youtube site with other accounts and it let me without any problems...
I think you can always watch videos on YouTube, just creating and using another channel after one having been suspended probably isn't a good idea. You can appeal your current suspension for a while so you should by any means do that instead of bypassing the system...

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2018
@LW001 im not trying argue here... just said I wont schedule so many livestreams and use website instead sorry for misunderstanding....

titles
with switch:
wolf ranking 1st for raid boss - redstone raid boss
entering field after 10 minutes - redstone raid boss
damage divided by 10,000 off of base damage - redstone raid boss
just doesnt feel right for some reason..... I only use that format so easier to search for the videos. Im not sure what will do with it yet... if this is what your suggesting I do?? I just think is more person friendly and not robot friendly from what you are saying... Kind of sucks with seo, do one thing search engine friendly than it wont be person friendly.... Is so confusing sometimes... I mean I wont intentionally do it but if there was a better way to do it... redstone - damage divided by 10,000 of of base damage (raid boss). I actually dont know whats bad about it sorry ;(. is it the non letter characters im using in it or something?? Maybe ill try ask others on this or search it....
would this be better?
example: top 10 hardest raid bosses in wow
alternative: wolf ranking 1st for raid boss (redstone)
well I guess I dont need the raid boss, in title since I already specified it in title... does seem a little better though, I just dont want think to much on it is all...

I actually dont like writing to much just making videos... maybe ill just use tag redstone only or nothing for now and delete everything else, just was little pressured at start and wanted to test how seo worked and guess got carried away on it is all... but it never caused problems till later.... but I know I shouldnt do that.. Feel is better to just delete it all, otherwise I would probably still be flagged by youtube for it than work on it later when I have chance, just 1-2 videos in a category is enough for the tags I mean. Im not scared of changing things now though, regardless of what I do my fanbase will follow anyways so yea... as long as it dont upset youtube bot than im ok with it... I just dont want feel like writing an essay when writing video title/description or think way to much on it....

the videos are detailed though for most part.... but maybe I can upload 20-30 videos instead daily though or just make it less, I dont like using movie maker much because it makes my videos smaller and ive tried getting it in better quality but is not same as original.... There actually is alot of content and I feel is better seperate it.... If I even tried using movie maker and putting all the parts together my computer will most likely crash, although the alternative is livestream the whole thing but than I would have kind of sit there on computer for hours and sometimes livestream is bugged, so yea.... I do do that sometimes to instead of uploading many videos... just to many quests do on this game... Anyways I kind of dont care on this... if there's a problem than ill message youtube on it because mistake with their system. Im not going limit myself as creator because of this... I get that they want me follow their bot and all their policies but some things I won't give up. Ill just explain them everything.... Ive never had problems with that though all they did was limit me, but ill admit it may have gotten my account suspended... I usually dont upload that many videos but there was update and felt like creating more content for it is all....

theres some misunderstanding here.... I was testing the system. I mean figured no point, wanted to see what system would do to me. They didnt immediately suspend my new youtube channel that I thought they would... They didnt do anything at all... as long as dont do things repetively/constant to their system they wont do much to you... well thats my case that is... I wasnt banned at all for it though... but not planning on creating a new channel and using it (I already deleted the one I created recently, it may not change things but yea....), im mostly interested in testing their appeal system more.... I still have my old channel up now that I created like a year ago to promote another game for same company.... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIv_xKLZcU6JF7GQdlcWyIA using same title format, it works to get people but maybe not search engine/robot friendly ;/.

Ive already tested their appeal system, I think is somewhat flawed... Because every lets say 7th time I appeal it always reinstates the account (not my accounts), I was only testing for my own benefit but was surprised it went through.... doesnt matter if the account is terminated it will still go through and unsuspend (think automatically??)... if dont believe me ill show you the links... but cant do anything on it just go work with it/live with it (since is free service anyways...). what I noticed so far same exact pattern.... No matter how hard I try it will always get rejected for that reason... not because they checked it and decided but because it was in their system to automatically accept the 7th appeal all the time.... Well you mentioned to appeal, ill just say my reasons why I really can't.... I mean maybe after 2-4 weeks my channel will be off from quene than I can reappeal. I already messaged @TeamYouTube on twitter and told them I got email saying account reinstated but my account was suspended... told me they will send policy team to take a 2nd look but they take awhile on it.... If a real human gets involved with your account takes long to get account unsuspended even with trusted flaggers I think.... least I know how get my account unsuspended now though, others have their account suspended for months.... I still need do more testing with their appeal system though till I can say for sure... I could forward all the emails to you if I wanted to, but just not interested in it now.....

channels I got reinstated.....:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgua5nrfcPEIyJcPgxY-kUg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW8axPBlJYzlNHuFgkFsyEw

also search (youll see that their channels got suspended and now is recovered...):
UCW8axPBlJYzlNHuFgkFsyEw
UCgua5nrfcPEIyJcPgxY-kUg

if you want, I just felt it better learn all about their system rather than believe what they say....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.