Tips & Tricks How I have increased my channel in views/subs

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
(Im going to assume if this posted in the wrong forum, then a mod will move it.)
For quite a while, I hadn't seen any growth. I wasn't taking some of the tips that Pappa George had been sharing with us seriously. I thought "Hey... I don't need to do these things... I will still grow by word of mouth." I was sitting at 189 subscribers and was growing maybe every few months by like a sub and a couple of views here and there. No tags, no Thumbnails. I didn't realize the importance of Tags up until late last month.

So I started to use Rapidtags to generate tags for me and I started to use some basic thumbnails and this month, have seen a major increase in views and subs. I am now at 208ish subs. I have been watching how view counter on the Youtube Dashboard and saw that not only have I been going up in subs since I have been using tags & thumbnails, but I have been seeing about 200-250 views per day.

So my advice to you is, don't be like the old me. Use Thumbnails. Use Tags. They are important. Don't doubt what Pappa George or other people on the tips they share because they can mean the life or death of your channel. I was soooo close to giving up, but after the most recent results, I am so glad I didn't and Im going to continue to apply these things to hopefully have a successful channel within Freedom! one day.

Red Subject

New User
Jul 29, 2018
YouTube
(Im going to assume if this posted in the wrong forum, then a mod will move it.)
For quite a while, I hadn't seen any growth. I wasn't taking some of the tips that Pappa George had been sharing with us seriously. I thought "Hey... I don't need to do these things... I will still grow by word of mouth." I was sitting at 189 subscribers and was growing maybe every few months by like a sub and a couple of views here and there. No tags, no Thumbnails. I didn't realize the importance of Tags up until late last month.

So I started to use Rapidtags to generate tags for me and I started to use some basic thumbnails and this month, have seen a major increase in views and subs. I am now at 208ish subs. I have been watching how view counter on the Youtube Dashboard and saw that not only have I been going up in subs since I have been using tags & thumbnails, but I have been seeing about 200-250 views per day.

So my advice to you is, don't be like the old me. Use Thumbnails. Use Tags. They are important. Don't doubt what Pappa George or other people on the tips they share because they can mean the life or death of your channel. I was soooo close to giving up, but after the most recent results, I am so glad I didn't and Im going to continue to apply these things to hopefully have a successful channel within Freedom! one day.
Is it anyone that you could recommend to do the thumbnails on my behalf ?

Earl Allard

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube

Great advice bro! I just started implementing effective tags as well, its a game changer

Reactions: KrazyK Gaming

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I got the YouTube extension Tube Buddy recently, its 10 bucks a month you get a bunch of cool features but I got it because they have a tool thanks ranks your tags strength based on how competitive it is, how much it is searched etc. I like it so far

I recently looked into it. I found it somewhat useful, but I don't have the money to put into it and the free edition just doesn't seem worth it to me. I might look into it further to see if I can find more worth in it to change my mind.

Earl Allard

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube
I recently looked into it. I found it somewhat useful, but I don't have the money to put into it and the free edition just doesn't seem worth it to me. I might look into it further to see if I can find more worth in it to change my mind.
To be honest it helps but in my opinion is not worth the money. If I were you I would just save your cash. I just saved up a little extra cash so I bought the cheapest version as an experiment. I haven't seen that significant of an increase I mainly like the concept.

VistonMedia

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2014
YouTube
I got told by a meber of Social Blaade is to change your thumbnail at the end of the month but leave your seo!

Earl Allard

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube

thanks for the info!

Frontier Forge

Rising User
Jan 20, 2019
YouTube
What I have found is have at least 3 broad tags (for example, I would use blacksmith, forging, blacksmithing) then 5 more generalized tags (forging a blah blah blah, hand forged blah blah blah, etc) and then at least 3 descriptive tags (how to forge a blah blah blah, etc) Seems to work pretty good using that format.

Reactions: Car car

Earl Allard

Rising User
Dec 1, 2017
YouTube
What I have found is have at least 3 broad tags (for example, I would use blacksmith, forging, blacksmithing) then 5 more generalized tags (forging a blah blah blah, hand forged blah blah blah, etc) and then at least 3 descriptive tags (how to forge a blah blah blah, etc) Seems to work pretty good using that format.
Thats a good tip I will try that on my next video