Solved Does Freedom want Orginal content from its creators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Depends on what your counting as original content. If you mean content which hasn't been copyrighted / taken from other works without any changes made to make this fall within fair use, then yes.

If you mean to ask if they want original content, i.e content not done by anyone else before then not necessarily otherwise the magnitude of gaming and other related channels might be a bit worried. At the end of the day as long as your content complies with YT terms of use and its copyrighted / trying to copy other peoples work, and doesn't infringe on anything else then you should be fine.

Reactions: LW
Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Depends on what your counting as original content. If you mean content which hasn't been copyrighted / taken from other works without any changes made to make this fall within fair use, then yes.

If you mean to ask if they want original content, i.e content not done by anyone else before then not necessarily otherwise the magnitude of gaming and other related channels might be a bit worried. At the end of the day as long as your content complies with YT terms of use and its copyrighted / trying to copy other peoples work, and doesn't infringe on anything else then you should be fine.

well had small issue with staff they said some of my content "Might" be copyrighted even though its public domain and not even copyrighted in the first place..

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
well had small issue with staff they said some of my content "Might" be copyrighted even though its public domain and not even copyrighted in the first place..
They do have to be careful with Copyright at the moment. But can I quickly point out this:

not even copyrighted in the first place
- I don't buy it. There's someone's Copyright on everything unless you're telling me that camera got there and recorded by itself and the content was uploaded somewhere automatically without a human touching it.

The Freedom! QC Team now looks for any videos on your channel that may lead to Copyright Issues in the future, even if there are no claims or Strikes on the channel yet. If you believe they have misjudged a video, you may contact support requesting this to be re-reviewed or explained to you.

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
They do have to be careful with Copyright at the moment. But can I quickly point out this:

- I don't buy it. There's someone's Copyright on everything unless you're telling me that camera got there and recorded by itself and the content was uploaded somewhere automatically without a human touching it.

The Freedom! QC Team now looks for any videos on your channel that may lead to Copyright Issues in the future, even if there are no claims or Strikes on the channel yet. If you believe they have misjudged a video, you may contact support requesting this to be re-reviewed or explained to you.

Not everything is copyrighted lmaooo.. You never head of Public domain like i just stated?

Edit: and if you bleive what your saying is true. Are you saying that you have ownership or copyright permission to use every piece of content you have ever posted on the web? I see you have this picture here on your freedom profile . Did you make this? You have copyright permission?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

g grade

Rising User
May 13, 2018

Not everything is copyrighted lmaooo.. You never head of Public domain like i just stated?

Edit: and if you bleive what your saying is true. Are you saying that you have ownership or copyright permission to use every piece of content you have ever posted on the web? I see you have this picture here on your freedom profile . Did you make this? You have copyright permission?

Thats true there is public domain. Just like you use images that you dont own right. @LW001

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Thats true there is public domain. Just like you use images that you dont own right. @LW001
I think we all know about public domain the only issue with that is with all the crackdown on channels and copyright issues goign around at the minute MCN's are going to be more strict when it comes to the content that is allowed. I think the point that LW was trying to make is that most things would have some kind of copyright attached to it - yes there is always exceptions to the rules, such as public domain, fair use etc - but most types of video content could have some kind of copyright, for example games, tv series, movies etc.

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
I think we all know about public domain the only issue with that is with all the crackdown on channels and copyright issues goign around at the minute MCN's are going to be more strict when it comes to the content that is allowed. I think the point that LW was trying to make is that most things would have some kind of copyright attached to it - yes there is always exceptions to the rules, such as public domain, fair use etc - but most types of video content could have some kind of copyright, for example games, tv series, movies etc.

He was trying to make a point saying i was wrong when he doesnt know about public domain.. yea most material is copyrighted which is why im careful to use public domain and get accused because they dont understand copyright law lol. LW001 must believe he's breaking copyright law himself right now. Are all images you use online you have ownership or permission? @LW001 ?

Upvote 0

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
just be careful. the new video showing Freedom going back 3 years and removing people. lol

not sure what is up now a days. but Freedom has been really really picking on who they let in now.

i would say check YouTube rules. so long you go by them, you should be ok. now a day, you have people just jumping everyone for using there stuff. and 90% of them no clue about the YouTube rules on public domain, copyright rights. i have won all my strikes, cause i read the rules and know what i can do to a point. Music play 10sec or less, must videos, if you shriek it down and chop it up and comment on it, and add a Link to the main videos. that falls under "Free use act".

But if you do get troubles, just fall back on Freedom Family. <3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.