FFF Sending our commiserations to Avicii

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder

Once again, it is a Friday! For all those historical nerds out in here, 129 years ago today marks the birth of famous world leader and dictator Adolf Hitler. Though we do not condone his actions in the past, he made a significant change to how the world operates in modern day.

Before we get into any forum related updates/announcements, I would like to start with something that only just got announced in the news which is quite upsetting to hear.

Rest In Peace: Avicii 1989-2018 (28)

Only a few hours ago, it was announced by the agent of Swedish DJ and Electronic Dance Musician Avicii that he had passed away earlier today in Muscat, Oman. Many people may recognise his name from pieces such as "Hey Brother" (2013), "Wake Me Up" (2013) and "Levels" (2013), with over 20 other musical pieces that he notably made or helped create. For those unaware, he was only 28 years old as of his passing, such a young person to have lost.

Let's spare a few moments and remember the wonderful work of Avicii and say together, Rest In Peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did someone say GIVEAWAY?!

We sure did! Until the end of April, you have the chance to win $100 worth of prizes in a fashion that really couldn't be much simpler, just go to our Facebook giveaway section (or use this link if you are feeling lazy), sign in with Facebook and follow the different ways of entering, it really couldn't be easier.

Similar to last month, this is open to EVERYONE, just get to that link! Don't procrastinate though, this is only open for another 10 days, which then we will close the giveaway and announce our winner around the 5th of May, Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is Cryptocurrency?

We've all had a time in our lives where someone mentions something that sounds fancy but you then think, what on earth are you on about? For some of you, you've been eyeing up the Crypto market for months and know quite a lot about it, but for others, you're as blind to the topic as a bat, well let's change that.

Recently, our good old friend Stef decided to take some time of his own to explain what Cryptocurrency really is and how it even works. In simple terms, it is an electronic, theoretical currency which is not uniformly linked to the economy, but simplification is not enough for those who aim to optimise the benefits of mining such thing.

Our new series, "Understanding Crypto for Noobs!" will allow any new user to the Crypto Market better understand what we mean by different terms like blockchains, ICO's etc.. In the first episode, we just go over the basics of what a cryptocurrency is and how they work in the basis of the real world, looking at crypto giant, Bitcoin.

Keeping your viewers engaged!

So you're playing a nice, calm game of Portal and you notice that you are smooth sailing through levels without any problem or action, seems awesome, that's the point of a let's play right? Well, we as viewers are mean and we REALLY want to see you fail or suffer when playing a video game.

The best way to do that, is to make yourself have a challenge. The Lime is always great at explaining how to be the best.

So that's it for another week. If you have any suggestions for our weekly wrap-up thread, feel free to get in touch. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week and I will catch up with you lot later!

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Same here, the songs that I mentioned in the post are the main ones that I listen to. Let this be a life lesson to us all that life is indeed too short so make the most of it.

Indeed, while I was never a fan of his most famous work, I did like some of the lesser known ones, Though this one is appropriate for his passing