Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
Hello, everybody! I'm back, on behalf of the Community Team, with your newsletter for February 2018. More than ever it is time to come together as a community to reach and maintain 4k1k goals. There have been changes made around the community, and we have plenty of advice to help you reach your goals as you are interacting, learning, and supporting one another.

February has been full of change, most of it catalyzed from the news we found out in January about YouTube Partnership Program requirements changing. With many creators in this community about to be affected by the changes, the Freedom! teams got to work finding ways to make sure that what the #FreedomFamily has grown used to can stay in tact as much as possible. George came back with regular episodes of The George Show full of updates and exciting news, the forums has been adding features like the "Streams" tab and setup new partner badges, the Discord server got a makeover and new roles, Freedom! got more active in social media, and the general vibe of the community has been uplifting. I have enjoyed reading many comments on Freedom! Central from understanding creators.

Important Things You Need to Know!

George reached out to music libraries to ask if licenses could be extended for partners who were about to be unlinked, and came back to us with great news! AudioMicro, Position Music, and Epidemic Sound all said "YES" and you can still use their music!

The Freedom! Discord has been hard at work helping members of the community, making quite a few changes to aid members in reaching the 4k hours and 1k subs they need. In order to best provide the ability to allow everyone have their space to shine on the server, there are now 2 roles; "F! partner" and "Aspiring Partner". Also some new channels such as the "Freedom Partner Spotlight" where highlighted videos from the partner videos channel are shared, and "Aspiring Partners Spotlight" where highlighted videos from the aspiring partner videos channel are shared. There are so many great features and benefits to being part of the discord server, that really we could do a whole thread about it. So please, check it out for yourself https://discord.gg/5RYj5Pr by joining. Also, activity is spiking more than ever and there is need for more moderators - so if you feel you might be suited for it and have the time, please let the Community Team know!

You can keep up-to-date every week by reading Freedom! Forum Fridays in News and Announcements and/or on the home page here on the forums. They are doing a great job discussing changes and exciting things, as well as featuring some of you awesome forum members! Newsletters like the one you're currently reading will be posted once per month. We've got you covered, you shouldn't miss a thing!

You can also tune in to social media to stay updated. Freedom! are on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. In fact, there was a contest on Facebook in February, and those winners will be announced soon. The Facebook page hit 10k likes recently! Oh, and if you haven't yet - I recommend joining the Facebook Group for discussions on collabs, projects, tips & tricks! Remember to use #FreedomFamily or #mcnfreedom when posting about your content so the community can find you, and don't forget to promote your social media and use it often.

Did you know you can request a channel checkup from Freedom! staff? This can help you!
See George talk about it below and/or request your checkup here: https://goo.gl/kjykyy

★ Your Channel Checkup - Free for Freedom! Family

If we're talking about things you should know, one video of George's this month comes to mind in particular.
He provided many updates all in one video. Make sure you haven't missed this one!

★ Many updates! - New 24/7 live stream - New Crypto Miner - New trip to YouTube HQ

I have a behind-the-scenes bonus just for you! Want to see where I keep track of The George Show episodes and key points? Click HERE to see all my notes for every episode in 2018! Really make sure you haven't missed anything! You might even catch me live in the sheet.

All About Crypto...

Have you heard about the "Crypto Family" yet? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? lol.
Let's let George explain it to you in the videos below!

★ What is Crypto Family? How do I join?

★ You are making money, Freedom! Family

If you're using the Crypto Miner, there is a designated thread for comments, bugs, and suggestions:
www.community.tm/threads/freedom-crypto-miner-comments-bugs-and-suggestions

Tips to Help you Grow!

The first two things that come to mind to help small channels reach their 4k1k goals are collaborations and live streams. There is a Collab Project that Ibby from the Community Team manages; you can submit your info to a form and receive emails with matches to help you find others to collaborate with. Working with other creators is a great way to foster more creativity and come up with new ideas together, you get to introduce each other to your audiences, and your personality actually shines more when you are interacting with someone.

Live streams are definitely a great way to help accrue the oh-so-important watch hours that are now needed to be in the partner program. George recently even did an episode of his show that was focused on spreading the word about how live streams will help with 4k1k.

★ Live streaming will get you to 4k watch hours faster!

Another good idea is to use the "Media" section of the forums and promote yourself by sharing your content with the community. It now costs 30 credits to post media. Recent media is promoted on the home page of the forums, and shared in the forum chat as well.

Speaking of tips, let's not forget about "Tips w/ a hint of Lime" on Freedom! Central where host Lime helps us learn how to perform even better in our videos. Let's learn about "forward motion" in the video below!

★ What will happen next?? Watch and find out.

To wrap up our Tips section, here are 3 great tips for you, provided by @ItsJustJord!
  1. Use proper tags. Make sure they are specific and descriptive. Try to stand out by NOT using the same tags as everyone else.​
  2. Make sure your video thumbnails are very, very interesting; they are a big reason why people decide to watch -or not watch- videos.​
  3. Be engaged and form a genuine audience connection; respond to comments, connect with fans on other social networks.​
Make sure you ask any questions you have in the discussion on this thread, yours could be addressed in a future newsletter!

Keeping up with YouTube News...
Lastly for this month, there are three official YouTube blog posts that I wanted to share.

Susan's Five Priorities for Creators in 2018
youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2018/02/my-five-priorities-for-creators-in-2018

YouTube TV got more channels and markets!
youtube.googleblog.com/2018/02/youtube-tvs-got-game

Updates to YouTube Live streaming (very recent post!)
youtube.googleblog.com/2018/02/updates-to-youtube-live-streaming

Thanks for reading!
From the Freedom! Community Team to the entire Freedom! family, we look forward to seeing you around in the community. Best wishes for all of your endeavors and take care. Also, never give up!

Last edited: