Tips & Tricks Quality Over Quantity

Mark Williams

Freedom! Member
Aug 12, 2014
Texas
YouTube
Heyo everyone! I just wanted to share some of my tips w/ yall. So I notice a lot of us small youtubers try to put out a lot of content, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, the way you're going to grow is if your content is quality. Personally I just bought my self a decently highend microphone. NT1-A. My total price was $380 after microphone, focusrite scarlett solo, and stand. One of the reasons I did this was because it makes my content more quality. If you have a lowend mic and people can barley understand what you're saying, it's going to hurt your growth a lot. I'm not saying go out and buy a $500 microphone, my personal preference for starting youtubers would be the blue snowball w/ a pop filter. This was my setup for about 6 months, and I keep it as a back up. The reason I recommend this microphone is because it's cheap, but the quality for the price is amazing. Now that you have your microphone set up, work on editing skills. Don't make your videos 15+ mins long. ALL of my videos are under 10 mins, and they all have 1K plus plays with about half watch time average. Lastly, make sure you content is funny. If you're going to be super serious about everything, chances are people won't want to watch something series. (Apply to gaming channels).

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
What can I do if I do both quality and quantity and I upload 6 videos a week, yet still aren't growing after 4 and a half years?
Depends on how yu are using them to promote. Are you making the most of other sites, such as this one to find other users to collab with? Also are you sure your videos are the best they can be if you uploading 6 a week? Sure this might give your viewers more chance to see them and potentially bring in more views but is that really quality over quantity?

For example this is a screenshot of your tags for your recent video - https://prnt.sc/i6otsw
Now with these types of videos this can be rather hard to think of meaningful and useful tags in order to promote these kinds of videos, with that being said some of these have nothing to do with your video - for example your tags about 'youtube subscribers' 'how to grow on youtube' 'mean comments' aren't really going to help you promote this video. Honestly when was the last time you used the word 'mean comments' to find a video on YouTube.