Jack Bounds

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2018
YouTube
SharpExGaming
I will review your channel to the best of my ability. I've learnt a lot in the past week myself so I will pass on that information as well as give you any personal tips that I have learnt myself! Video or entire channel it's up to you!

I have the most experience with YouTube, but I'll accept Twitch channels and the like as well!

I'll be as quick and I'll review as many people as possible :)

Reactions: Sae The Gamer

Jack Bounds

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2018
YouTube
SharpExGaming
Feel free to review it if you want. You'll find my channel by clicking on the youtube link below this post.
Thank you for doing this.

Before I get into the main review, I just like to say I think your channel is great! You've forced me to be picky haha! Your Twitch and Twitter are nice too and you're active which is great to see. I will outline everything next then at the end I will talk about a couple of the bullet points mentioned to explain myself a bit for a conclusion...

*takes big gulp of air*

Visuals

Good:
  • Theme is consistent

• Banner is mostly clear

• colours are nice and it isn’t too bright/dark

• Including yourself in the thumbnail is nice
What could be improved:
  • The text on the logo, on the banner should be red=heal black=please heal=heal

• Same for the HPH (white-red-white)

• The logo could be moved up slightly to be more central. The very bottom is slightly cut off.

• Maybe ease off a tad on the lines on the game images (I like the design though) mostly on the image on the left I find it hard to work out what it shown.

• Thumbnails: Some are fine (Perception) but others have a bit too much going on and the text is hard to read (I IGNORED THE NORTH!!)

• Your latest videos are fine for this, but some thumbnails have parts covered up by the time stamp such as (Hand of State 2 | Becoming A Fool and your Lucius videos)
About

Good:
  • Your description is very entertaining it made me laugh for sure!

• You talk about yourself and let everybody know your goals which is great.
Just one thing:
  • Maybe put a schedule in? How often do you upload? You've put this in your trailer which is cool - just stick it in your about too :)
Videos & Playlists

Good:
  • You have a lot of content that is regularly uploaded, so top marks for consistency (something I need to work on to be honest!).

• You yourself are really lively so I don’t get bored listening/watching you (wow that sounds creepy)

• I watched a couple of your Perception videos and I was almost fully immersed, really interesting game that.

• Your channel trailer is nice just like your about section.
Possible Improvements:
  • Background music could be added for your perception videos, or at least for first moments of the video.*

• It wouldn’t do any harm if you show off some clips (funny moments, intense moments etc.) at the end or middle of your channel trailer to really immerse the viewer into your content... actions speak louder than words that sort of thing. Not to replace anything though the rest is great.

• Video tags: most are fine but there are a couple that won't help you at all. “part 4” in “DOLLS ARE SHOOTING ME” brings up 6,360,000 results! And “live” in your trailer (v2) brings up 531,000,000!!!
* I am aware that music might ruin the frightening aspect of perception, I'm not saying put some upbeat music in or anything, but maybe some sounds or a slow song, or better yet a horror piece during it to really boost that immersion. Or you could have music whilst you deliver your intro which then fades out gradually.

So overall fantastic channel, seriously I really like it! Your descriptions are well-filled with a description of the content as well as all your social links etc etc. Your social media as mentioned is cool (your banner on Twitter could change the same way as I mentioned earlier). I LOVED your about section too that was a fun read and there is certainly a humorous theme in your channel especially with your latest videos.

I think that's about everything! So best of luck for the future just keep on doing what your doing and I hope I have helped at least in one way (this is my first time reviewing a channel). And keep healing! (nice thing btw I like the idea of that)

~Jack[DOUBLEPOST=1515618502][/DOUBLEPOST]
Always love to get other people's opinions! Do your worst haha
I'll get to you next! Proably sometime tomorrow (y) (Y)

Last edited:
Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

Lost Trigger

Freedom! Member
Mar 27, 2015
YouTube

Before I get into the main review, I just like to say I think your channel is great! You've forced me to be picky haha! Your Twitch and Twitter are nice too and you're active which is great to see. I will outline everything next then at the end I will talk about a couple of the bullet points mentioned to explain myself a bit for a conclusion...

*takes big gulp of air*

Visuals

Good:
  • Theme is consistent

• Banner is mostly clear

What could be improved:

• The logo could be moved up slightly to be more central. The very bottom is slightly cut off.

• Maybe ease off a tad on the lines on the game images (I like the design though) mostly on the image on the left I find it hard to work out what it shown.

• Thumbnails: Some are fine (Perception) but others have a bit too much going on and the text is hard to read (I IGNORED THE NORTH!!)

• Your latest videos are fine for this, but some thumbnails have parts covered up by the time stamp such as (Hand of State 2 | Becoming A Fool and your Lucius videos)
About

Good:

Just one thing:
  • Maybe put a schedule in? How often do you upload? You've put this in your trailer which is cool - just stick it in your about too :)
Videos & Playlists

Good:
  • You have a lot of content that is regularly uploaded, so top marks for consistency (something I need to work on to be honest!).

• You yourself are really lively so I don’t get bored listening/watching you (wow that sounds creepy)

• I watched a couple of your Perception videos and I was almost fully immersed, really interesting game that.

Possible Improvements:
  • Background music could be added for your perception videos, or at least for first moments of the video.*

• It wouldn’t do any harm if you show off some clips (funny moments, intense moments etc.) at the end or middle of your channel trailer to really immerse the viewer into your content... actions speak louder than words that sort of thing. Not to replace anything though the rest is great.

• Video tags: most are fine but there are a couple that won't help you at all. “part 4” in “DOLLS ARE SHOOTING ME” brings up 6,360,000 results! And “live” in your trailer (v2) brings up 531,000,000!!!
* I am aware that music might ruin the frightening aspect of perception, I'm not saying put some upbeat music in or anything, but maybe some sounds or a slow song, or better yet a horror piece during it to really boost that immersion. Or you could have music whilst you deliver your intro which then fades out gradually.

So overall fantastic channel, seriously I really like it! Your descriptions are well-filled with a description of the content as well as all your social links etc etc. Your social media as mentioned is cool (your banner on Twitter could change the same way as I mentioned earlier). I LOVED your about section too that was a fun read and there is certainly a humorous theme in your channel especially with your latest videos.

I think that's about everything! So best of luck for the future just keep on doing what your doing and I hope I have helped at least in one way (this is my first time reviewing a channel). And keep healing! (nice thing btw I like the idea of that)

I'll get to your next! Proably sometime tomorrow (y) (Y)

Rip haha take your time

Reactions: Jack Bounds

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal

*takes big gulp of air*

Visuals

Good:
  • Theme is consistent

• Banner is mostly clear

What could be improved:

About

Good:

Just one thing:
Videos & Playlists

Good:

Possible Improvements:

I'll get to your next! Proably sometime tomorrow (y) (Y)

Thank you my man. I appreciate the time you took in reviewing this. I am going to be changing the coloring in the logo I thought about that a few days ago. And the Perception videos thumbnails are actually a new thing I'm doing so a majority of my videos will be like that to move forward. Thank you again, and I just noticed you subbed. I truly appreciate that my man Thank you so much. But I will take these into consideration. Again thank you.

Jack Bounds

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2018
YouTube
SharpExGaming
Thank you my man. I appreciate the time you took in reviewing this. I am going to be changing the coloring in the logo I thought about that a few days ago. And the Perception videos thumbnails are actually a new thing I'm doing so a majority of my videos will be like that to move forward. Thank you again, and I just noticed you subbed. I truly appreciate that my man Thank you so much. But I will take these into consideration. Again thank you.
That's great glad I helped! And you're welcome :)[DOUBLEPOST=1515694122][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rip haha take your time
50% done your review so won't be too long just having a quick break then I'll get right to it! Nice channel![DOUBLEPOST=1515698607][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rip haha take your time

Nice channel! I had a good first impression, I've covered as much as I can think of and I hope you find this information useful :)

Visuals

• Nice logo and banner the colours go well and they are both very clear.

• Your recent thumbnails are great keep that theme up! Easy-to-read text and the thumbnail itself is generally clear

Possible improvements:

• In some thumbnails where darker colours are featured you could increase the saturation a tiny bit to really make them stand out.

• The characters on your banner that are transparent are a bit too transparent . I think you should increase the opacity of them a bit more like your twitter banner. Bayek looks good though.

• This is about the outer circle on your logo: The top of your logo (at least on YouTube) is gone because of the white, I like the effect but maybe darken the top of the logo to match the bottom with the whiter sides so it pops out a bit more.

Descriptions, About &Tags

• Generally your descriptions are well-filled which is great!

• Your about section is good it’s good that you have your schedule on there (I need to do that!)

Possible Improvements:

• In your about section talk about yourself more! Not just your channel itself. Why did you start YouTube? What are your future aims/goals?

• You MUST put ‘http://...’ before a link otherwise it is not clickable!! People are less likely willing to copy & paste a link into their search bar. so,
  • Tags: Very nice in your face reveal video you could put ‘LostTrigger face reveal’ in and maybe put it in the title of the video too.
    • Also, some tags like ‘Funny’ aren’t gonna help you at all with 169,000,000 results pinged off that tag alone! Stick to your more specific tags.
Videos & Playlists

• You’re news videos are well-planned and you provide interesting and useful information.

• You have a great attitude and your voice is animated enough to maximise engagement.

• You’re consistent both on Twitter and YouTube which is brilliant.

Possible Improvements:

• Music: Some videos have music which is great but I think they all or at least most need it too to maintain viewer concentration and interest. More on this below…

• Intro: Put it in all your videos maybe? Your intro is nice too!

• Playlists with only 1 video in them e.g. Alien Isolation are redundant they aren’t actually a playLIST just 1 video put in a folder designed for many if you know what I mean. Unless you’re going to add to it of course.
  • News videos: Maybe insert screenshots of articles/game notes that talk about or address updates/news etc just so people can see it in writing too.

Music: So with scary games like Monstrum, upbeat music would ruin the atmosphere, but maybe something in the background wouldn’t hurt as you can use music to make intense moment even more intense. So if suspense occurs in the game leading to a jumpscare or something, mute the music, the viewer will subconsciously notice this difference as the normal “what they’re used to” goes away. Give it a try!

That’s my review, overall nice channel I think you’re great at delivering content in your videos and I hope I have helped you out at least in 1 way :) Keep up the good work! (y) (Y)

~Jack

Last edited:

Lost Trigger

Freedom! Member
Mar 27, 2015
YouTube
That's great glad I helped! And you're welcome :)[DOUBLEPOST=1515694122][/DOUBLEPOST]
50% done your review so won't be too long just having a quick break then I'll get right to it! Nice channel![DOUBLEPOST=1515698607][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice channel! I had a good first impression, I've covered as much as I can think of and I hope you find this information useful :)

Visuals

• Nice logo and banner the colours go well and they are both very clear.

• Your recent thumbnails are great keep that theme up! Easy-to-read text and the thumbnail itself is generally clear

Possible improvements:

• In some thumbnails where darker colours are featured you could increase the saturation a tiny bit to really make them stand out.

• The characters on your banner that are transparent are a bit too transparent . I think you should increase the opacity of them a bit more like your twitter banner. Bayek looks good though.

• This is about the outer circle on your logo: The top of your logo (at least on YouTube) is gone because of the white, I like the effect but maybe darken the top of the logo to match the bottom with the whiter sides so it pops out a bit more.

Descriptions, About &Tags

• Generally your descriptions are well-filled which is great!

• Your about section is good it’s good that you have your schedule on there (I need to do that!)

Possible Improvements:

• In your about section talk about yourself more! Not just your channel itself. Why did you start YouTube? What are your future aims/goals?

• You MUST put ‘http://...’ before a link otherwise it is not clickable!! People are less likely willing to copy & paste a link into their search bar. so,
  • Tags: Very nice in your face reveal video you could put ‘LostTrigger face reveal’ in and maybe put it in the title of the video too.
    • Also, some tags like ‘Funny’ aren’t gonna help you at all with 169,000,000 results pinged off that tag alone! Stick to your more specific tags.
Videos & Playlists

• You’re news videos are well-planned and you provide interesting and useful information.

• You have a great attitude and your voice is animated enough to maximise engagement.

• You’re consistent both on Twitter and YouTube which is brilliant.

Possible Improvements:

• Music: Some videos have music which is great but I think they all or at least most need it too to maintain viewer concentration and interest. More on this below…

• Intro: Put it in all your videos maybe? Your intro is nice too!

• Playlists with only 1 video in them e.g. Alien Isolation are redundant they aren’t actually a playLIST just 1 video put in a folder designed for many if you know what I mean. Unless you’re going to add to it of course.
  • News videos: Maybe insert screenshots of articles/game notes that talk about or address updates/news etc just so people can see it in writing too.

Music: So with scary games like Monstrum, upbeat music would ruin the atmosphere, but maybe something in the background wouldn’t hurt as you can use music to make intense moment even more intense. So if suspense occurs in the game leading to a jumpscare or something, mute the music, the viewer will subconsciously notice this difference as the normal “what they’re used to” goes away. Give it a try!

That’s my review, overall nice channel I think you’re great at delivering content in your videos and I hope I have helped you out at least in 1 way :) Keep up the good work! (y) (Y)

~Jack

Thank you for the indeph review! Thanks for the praise haha, definitely a few things I didn't notice that you brought up :) haha

Jack Bounds

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2018
YouTube
SharpExGaming
I wouldn't mind a review :), if you have the time.​
Gonna be busy tomorrow but ill try my best rest assured itkl be done though![DOUBLEPOST=1515712749][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you for the indeph review! Thanks for the praise haha, definitely a few things I didn't notice that you brought up :) haha
No worries good luck in he future whatever you do (y) (Y)[DOUBLEPOST=1515793208][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't mind a review :), if you have the time.​

Great job with your channel, been busy today so I finished my review a lot later than I would've liked so I thank you for waiting! Also just a quick note that I checked out your blog and I saw that your studying at Southampton Solent. Awesome! I'm studying at the University of Southampton (in 1st year). So best of luck at uni!

Visuals

• Your thumbnails are excellent, the text really stands out in your latest ones.

• Banner has nice colours which don’t clash and most of the characters are easily visible.
Possible Improvements:
  • Your logo is nice but the ‘J’ doesn’t pop out enough especially on your YT page. Maybe put a white stroke/outline around it and see if that looks nice. Try this with the ‘Dev_J’ on your banner too.

• A small amount of your thumbnails have parts blocked by the timestamp so some text is unreadable. Don’t forget the bottom right section is blocked off!

• You could bump up the saturation a bit more in thumbnails with darker colours.

Descriptions, About & Tags

• Your video descriptions are fine, nicely laid out and you’ve got your social links in there which is good.

• I like your about section, your schedule is on there which is cool with a time. This is great.
Possible Improvements:
  • Your about section could have a bit more about yourself. I reckon you should add all of or part of your blog about section this would make it perfect! - Nice blog by the way :)

• Tags: You need to be more specific with your tags. Tags like ‘playthrough’ and ‘gameplay’ are too broad. ‘Diffindo’ is fine stick to tags that are relevant to your video but when typed in have a small amount of results so 3,000 results is better than 1,000,000 for example.
Videos & Playlists
  • Good consistency it’s nice to see that you are keeping to your schedule!

• Your videos are pretty engaging mostly, especially your ‘A Pyro With A Sword 2’ video.
Possible Improvements:

• Try to talk in all your videos unless they have music like your montage videos. Your video: ‘Macrowave | Episode 2’ needs your lively commentry like in your Harry Potter videos! With music too. Especially since the video is 35 minutes long.

I’ll end with your Twitter and Facebook. These are great you’ve kept your theme which is great and you post a lot so nice! Maybe talk to your community a bit more than you already do by asking them questions or your views on something. Maybe let your follows know that a new video is about to go live before it does. So that’s it! Overall I like your channel and I hope I have helped you a bit! Best of luck for the future and thank you for your patience.

~Jack

Last edited:

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Great job with your channel, been busy today so I finished my review a lot later than I would've liked so I thank you for waiting! Also just a quick note that I checked out your blog and I saw that your studying at Southampton Solent. Awesome! I'm studying at the University of Southampton (in 1st year). So best of luck at uni!

Visuals

• Your thumbnails are excellent, the text really stands out in your latest ones.

• Banner has nice colours which don’t clash and most of the characters are easily visible.
Possible Improvements:
  • Your logo is nice but the ‘J’ doesn’t pop out enough especially on your YT page. Maybe put a white stroke/outline around it and see if that looks nice. Try this with the ‘Dev_J’ on your banner too.

• A small amount of your thumbnails have parts blocked by the timestamp so some text is unreadable. Don’t forget the bottom right section is blocked off!

• You could bump up the saturation a bit more in thumbnails with darker colours.

Descriptions, About & Tags

• Your video descriptions are fine, nicely laid out and you’ve got your social links in there which is good.

• I like your about section, your schedule is on there which is cool with a time. This is great.
Possible Improvements:
  • Your about section could have a bit more about yourself. I reckon you should add all of or part of your blog about section this would make it perfect! - Nice blog by the way :)

• Tags: You need to be more specific with your tags. Tags like ‘playthrough’ and ‘gameplay’ are too broad. ‘Diffindo’ is fine stick to tags that are relevant to your video but when typed in have a small amount of results so 3,000 results is better than 1,000,000 for example.
Videos & Playlists
  • Good consistency it’s nice to see that you are keeping to your schedule!

• Your videos are pretty engaging mostly, especially your ‘A Pyro With A Sword 2’ video.
Possible Improvements:

• Try to talk in all your videos unless they have music like your montage videos. Your video: ‘Macrowave | Episode 2’ needs your lively commentry like in your Harry Potter videos! With music too. Especially since the video is 35 minutes long.

I’ll end with your Twitter and Facebook. These are great you’ve kept your theme which is great and you post a lot so nice! Maybe talk to your community a bit more than you already do by asking them questions or your views on something. Maybe let your follows know that a new video is about to go live before it does. So that’s it! Overall I like your channel and I hope I have helped you a bit! Best of luck for the future and thank you for your patience.

~Jack

Thx for the review man :), best of luck with your studies too :)

Last edited:

[ILYC]Rarity

Freedom! Member
Feb 11, 2016
Colorado
YouTube
Devilz666ILYC
I will say the way you review channel is amazing. You have a great structure making everything nice and easy to read, finding things you like and dislike, Would love to get a review from you brother think it could really help.

Reactions: derwinvlog
D

Deleted member 197467

I will review your channel to the best of my ability. I've learnt a lot in the past week myself so I will pass on that information as well as give you any personal tips that I have learnt myself! Video or entire channel it's up to you!

I have the most experience with YouTube, but I'll accept Twitch channels and the like as well!

Feel free to check out my channel and give me some feedback. Feedback is something I can always use

Sae The Gamer

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 1, 2015
YouTube
SaeTheGamer