Tips & Tricks The Power of CC, Title, and Description Translations!

Have you translated any of your videos into another language before?

• Total voters

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
CC (closed captions) is a great way to reach a wider audience when you have multiple translations! If you translate the title and description as well, that will increase your chances of being seen in those languages. You could even translate some of your tags too if you want. About 3 days ago I had 6 total translations on my most popular video. I was averaging around 4,000 to 4,500 views per 48 hours. Over 3 days I've added in new translations. Everyday I saw a new low view baseline and a higher view spike. It doubled my views per 48 hours pretty much to around 8,000 to 8,500. Now I'm at 11,000+ views per 48 hours within 3 days of translating into 38 total different languages. I translated my CC, Title, Description, and a few of my tags. It is still raising every day.
TubeBuddy Legend license is required if you want to do auto translations on your Title, and Description.
Here are a couple graph photos to show the improvement:
1 day delay on the first photo. Will be boosting up higher.

October 20th Update: 15,000 views in the past 48 hours! Still going up!

Last edited:

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I wanna do CC for my audience, but I don't know how to do that as I can't write in another language unless there's another way to do it and I completely don't know about it.
Here is a step by step process. First of all you need 1 CC manually created already. So an English CC.
For CC auto translations: Step 1: Go to Video Manager Step 2: Go to the video and click the edit option Step 3: Click on Subtitles/CC Step 4: Click Add new subtitles or CC Step 5: Search up the language you want to translate your CC into and click it Step 6: Click Create new subtitles or CC Step 7: Autotranslate option should appear above your English CC. Click it and then click Autotranslate. Step 8: Publish You should now have a new CC translation on the list.
For title and description auto translations (Legend TubeBuddy license required): Step 1: Go to Video Manager Step 2: Go to the video and click the edit option Step 3: Click on translations Step 4: Make Sure you have original language set to English Step 5: Under translate into click the select language drop-down option and click Add new language. Step 6: Click the TubeBuddy Translate button Step 7: Save changes. You will then have a new translation of your title and description making other languages easier to find the video.[DOUBLEPOST=1508958141][/DOUBLEPOST]
very good this, I already enabled it some time ago but I would like you to translate and add subtitles to my videos!
It is a long process and can take a lot of time.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Very cool thanks. I did some translations today for my title and descriptions using Google translate. I'll see about the CC one as well soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1508960546][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here is a step by step process. First of all you need 1 CC manually created already. So an English CC.
For CC auto translations: Step 1: Go to Video Manager Step 2: Go to the video and click the edit option Step 3: Click on Subtitles/CC Step 4: Click Add new subtitles or CC Step 5: Search up the language you want to translate your CC into and click it Step 6: Click Create new subtitles or CC Step 7: Autotranslate option should appear above your English CC. Click it and then click Autotranslate. Step 8: Publish You should now have a new CC translation on the list.
For title and description auto translations (Legend TubeBuddy license required): Step 1: Go to Video Manager Step 2: Go to the video and click the edit option Step 3: Click on translations Step 4: Make Sure you have original language set to English Step 5: Under translate into click the select language drop-down option and click Add new language. Step 6: Click the TubeBuddy Translate button Step 7: Save changes. You will then have a new translation of your title and description making other languages easier to find the video.[DOUBLEPOST=1508958141]

So i tried this, but I don't get the option for Auto translate as described in Step 7. I've done everything as you listed.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanSellers

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Wait I figured it out. You can't use the automatic English CC, you actually have to go in yourself and do some editing and then that can be translated from it. Got it. Thank you. Still learning!
Yeah. The automatic English CC is usually not perfect. So you have to edit it up and move the CC in the right spot.