United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
You have to be careful with things like Google Adworks, as even though they aren't specifically prohibited you are in all reality paying for views which is against YouTube's terms and conditions / terms of service. My advice would be to gain the view through 'normal' means and not look for ways to get quick views.

Edit - I know that with Google Adworks you only pay once someone views / click on an ad linked to your video, but the general premise still stands, I have personally known of a few channels, that have been closed / warned for using sights that promise views / traffic

Reactions: Smart Facts UK

Smart Facts UK

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
You have to be careful with things like Google Adworks, as even though they aren't specifically prohibited you are in all reality paying for views which is against YouTube's terms and conditions / terms of service. My advice would be to gain the view through 'normal' means and not look for ways to get quick views.

Edit - I know that with Google Adworks you only pay once someone views / click on an ad linked to your video, but the general premise still stands, I have personally known of a few channels, that have been closed / warned for using sights that promise views / traffic

Thanks for the heads up Zeke

This can be used with the "promote" function in video manager so is well within the rules.

Reactions: RyanSellers

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube

This isn't true. You can't get your channel closed using Google Adwords. I've learned from YouTube Ambassador friends and other video marketers and other YouTube friends over the past 2 years in monthly YouTube meetings that I attend. YouTube is run by Google. So Google Adwords is fine to use to promote your videos because Google and YouTube is making money from you. If you use other ways to buy views or subscribers you can get your account closed.
This can be used with the "promote" function in video manager so is well within the rules.
As Smart Facts UK said, There is a "promote" option by the "edit" button in the arrow drop down menu. YouTube wouldn't put it there if you would get in trouble and lose your channel.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
This isn't true. You can't get your channel closed using Google Adwords. I've learned from YouTube Ambassador friends and other video marketers and other YouTube friends over the past 2 years in monthly YouTube meetings that I attend. YouTube is run by Google. So Google Adwords is fine to use to promote your videos because Google and YouTube is making money from you. If you use other ways to buy views or subscribers you can get your account closed.

As Smart Facts UK said, There is a "promote" option by the "edit" button in the arrow drop down menu. YouTube wouldn't put it there if you would get in trouble and lose your channel.
My apologies I must of been misinformed maybe those people I know that got there channel shut down might of been using more sites to direct traffic

Reactions: Smart Facts UK